Signature

Aug 28, 2009

New semester, new challenge

Just another day spent at the college, the first week of second semester is over already. Too fast, too furious. It was a pleasant week at college, as we, the A-Level students, are the only ones that has begun classes 1 week earlier than those of other courses. It feels like the whole college were only occupied by us.
“ That made me enjoyed the serenity in ICSJ -- less noise, less people, more books to borrow, more computers to use. ”


I used this opportunity to borrow 2 bloody thick and heavy books about programming (C++ and Java) from the library. I don't know why I did so as the second semester is going to be a hectic semester for us, a total of 9 weeks before finals, now 8 more to go. Where do I get the time to learn programming now? Oh well, as long as I'm interested..

“ Anyway, if I were to comment about our timetable for this semester, I would only give one word: SUCKS! ”
Not because of the freaking long classes, I've gotten used to it, but then again, it's the classes for Friday. I'd always hoped that classes can end before 1pm on Friday, but instead our class ends at 5pm now. Bloody hell, freaking class ends at 5pm because there's a 3 hour gap from 12pm-3pm for the Malay prayers time. Oh good lord, is there not any day that I can return home earlier? I hate to deal with traffic jams, like today, it was so terribly jammed from LDP Sunway toll plaza until Bukit Jalil Highway. Abnormal enough as I never had such a nightmare during first semester where there were 2 days when class ends at 5pm. Wasted my valuable 1 hour staring at the car in front while crawling.

Back to the point, we were told by our Economics lecturer that our first test will be 2 weeks from now. That's just 'awesome'! I can expect that more and more tests will fall around that time period. Let's see how well I can cope in my studies in such a short period of time. Speaking of this, the results of my first semester finals is phail, with Economics and Malaysian Studies getting B. I won't bother about M'sian Studies results because our coursework marks sucks big time. Anyway I pass it as long as I didn't fail. It's over. But Economics, I've freaking studied it for 1 week before the finals, sacrificing and risking other subjects, yet not so desirable results. It's really THAT hard to score in Economics eh?

Well, it's my path, my challenge to overcome, since the day I've taken A-Level. 4 subjects are really a pain in the back if one doesn't use time wisely.
“ Thinking back of SPM days when we used to take 11 subjects, that's nothing compared to these 4 subjects eh? I suppose. ”
But I'm still myself, one who lacks motivation and self-discipline to study progressively, instead of doing unnecessary things at the wrongest time, e.g. trying to pack programming knowledge into my already-full-memory mind. That's just digging my own grave.

Using this chance, I would like to wish Malaysia happy 52th anniversary of independence. May our country continue advancing and development in the correct direction (although I remain skeptical about this). For those who want to attend the celebration, remember to wear high-quality masks and be hygienic to reduce the chance of infecting swine flu. For me, I'll just sleep until someone or something blows me to kingdom come. Heck, I'm LAZY.

In an unrelated matter, I'm going to the Premiere Screening of Final Destination: Rest in Pieces in 1 Utama next Tuesday night! My sacrifice wasn't in vain after all ^^. Wish me that I'm not going to rest in either peace or pieces during the journey.
NUFFNANG ROCKS!

1 comment:

KKW said...

No matter how your timetable is, at least you're not having the problem that I'm having.

Getting a "B" is counted as phail for you...then your standards are really very high.

Anyway, hope that you will be able to study and learn up programming at the same time.

KKW

Post a Comment